Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Don't Take Things For Granted

"Yahoo!  It's summertime.  No more school, no more books.  No more teachers, dirty looks.  Yahoo!  It's summertime where all kids can be naughty again....".  LOL!  Bugs Bunny said this, right?

Wooh. It's really hot here in the Philippines, especially during summertime.  It's so humid!  I think I'll go and take a swim at our pool.  Speaking of pools, here's my recent blog from "tumblr" about pools... I mean, about things we take for granted, like this pool.... LOL!


DO NOT TAKE THINGS FOR GRANTED.

It takes less than one hundred steps to reach this pool from our condo unit.  Yet, I waded and swam in this pool no more than 5 times last year.  Yes, I know it's crazy.  We take things for granted more often than we can admit.

When was the last time you said "I love you" to your mom or dad?  When was the last time you had taken the whole family out for a picnic in the park.  When was the last time you took a luxurious bath for more than an hour?  When was the last time you sit and peacefully meditated?

We say, "Oh, my mom and dad know that I love them.".  We believe, "There'll always be time for that picnic in the park.".  We tell ourselves, "I don't have time right now for long baths.".  We question, "Do we need to meditate at all?".

Here's the truth.  People won't always be there s find a way to tell them that you love them.  We can always make time for our families and share priceless memories in the park.  We need to take care of our bodies and we deserve some pampering every now and then.

Remind yourself to NEVER TAKE THNGS FOR GRANTED.  All people and things around you are part of your "having" and "being".  Appreciate... be grateful... and give thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment