Sunday, March 4, 2012

When my Apple died... and The MOA Eye

I was transferring my picture files from a bunch of SD cards to my newly restored iMac.  To be more accurate, it's my old iMac with a new 1 TB (terrabyte) hard disk.  The old hard disk "died".  Yes, hard disks die.  LOL.  The status of the hard disk prior to it's death was "dying".  So, when I can no longer use my iMac, it's because the hard disk died.  LOL!  I just can't get over it...
While transferring those files anyway, I saw these pictures that we have taken last 14 January 2012.  I decided to repost  here the blog (from my "tumblr")  about the tallest Ferris Wheel in the Philippines.  Here it is...


It was unnerving since I have a bit of fear of heights.  But the view is spectacular even at night.  The Mall Of Asia Ferris Wheel or better known as the MOA Eye stands at 55 meters or 180 feet.  The one-spin ride that lasted for about 10 minutes costs 150 pesos.  I do think that the price is steep if you think about the rates of the “ride-all-you-can” stubs at Star City or Enchanted Kingdom.  That’s probably the reason why the line’s not that long as I suspected.


It was an experience nevertheless, riding the tallest Ferris wheel in the Philippines.  I thought that the ride would top my Hong Kong’s Ocean Park’s.  But it didn’t.  The wheel could have spun at least twice and faster than the current speed of boarding and alighting the six-seater airconditioned gondolas.  I feel a bit cheated at this speed.  Anyway, the experience might have been better if I had taken the ride when the sun is still up or during sun down.  Well, maybe next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment