Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Rinse Your Worries Off


More than ever, with COVID lurking in our doorsteps, it is essential that we practice the minimum safety protocols recommended by the government.  Unfortunately, one of the measures we must undertake is to restrict our movement outside of our dwelling spaces.  If you think about it, these measures are truly for our safety.  They however, add unnecessary stress to our already stressful lives.  So, what can we do to cope from this situation?

STRESS RELIEVER.

Juggling office work at home, if there was any, and managing the household are no easy tasks.  When these things are combined with the thought of friends and relatives battling the dreadful disease, this kind of extraordinary circumstance which seems to be the norm in the past couple of years weighs our mental health down.  More so for people who have lost their jobs and have little or no savings in the bank.  Utterly bleak!  Our coping mechanisms are then geared to full drive now.  Stress relievers wanted!

TAKE A BATH OR SHOWER.

My go-to stress reliever is taking a long shower.  Simple you say?  Won't work you added?  Yes, it's simple.  Simple as it may seem but as the action appeals to the senses, the body and mind respond favourably.

This is how I cope with a stressful day.  When stressed out, I just close my eyes and think of the fresh feeling I would get from a long and warm shower later that night.  I immediately snap back to good mood.  Imagining it may not do the trick for others.  I believe however, that the real thing would at least calm the tired muscles down, and ease the haggard mind out.

SENSORY OVERLOAD.

Hear me out.  Here is a list of the products I use in my long and warm showers:  lavender scented shampoo, raspberry vinegar rinse, vanilla bourbon body wash and an ultra-fresh facial cleansing gel.



Now imagine starting off with water pouring down like rain enveloping your body.  The warm water touching your skin.  The warm temperature raises your blood pressure just a little and your nerves dilating just a little, too, that brings a fantastic sensation all over your body.  Nice!

You then lather your hair with a shampoo that has a sweet and calming scent.  It automatically signals your brain to put the body in a calm state bringing down your blood pressure and nerves back to their normal state.  So you, see shampooing is not just about cleaning your hair and scalp!  You rinse the shampoo off with warm water again and the same sensation you felt before is brought back.  The feeling may be subtle but it is all there!

You now use a rinsing vinegar to your hair to make it shiny and remove any scale build up if there was any.  The scent of raspberry is so amazing that it puts you in a good mood.

A vanilla bourbon body wash not only transform your skin fresh and glowing but it also puts you in a romantic mood.  Following this off with a facial gel that has a fresh scent washes not only dirt and dead skin off from your face but also your worries away.  Down the drain.

Finally, after rinsing off with warm water, I slowly turn off the heater so that the water would become cold.  This closes the pores and tops off the oh!-so refreshing shower.

Mind and body rebooted!  That's how I feel after the shower.  It feels like I am ready again to face whatever challenge the rest of the day or the next day would bring.

WHAT WORKS FOR YOU.

I use YVES ROCHER products.  This blog post is not a paid advertisement.  I wish!  I used to "experiment" with products, you know, '"trial and error".  Until I found the French brand Yves Rocher in 2018.  I stopped experimenting after finding Yves Rocher.  Their products are the result of years of research.  Not only that but they use organic ingredients.  They also stay clear off of harmful substances such as paraben preservatives and sulfates.  I know I am getting the best value out of my hard earned money.  You do not have to take my word for these products.  Why not try them out for yourself?  Or if you have found the right bath products for you then stay using them.  

Lifestylecheck101:  the simplest things sometimes are the best solutions. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment