Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Caught a Fish and Ate It

Saw a video in YouTube about a group of British high schoolers trying out Korean lunches served in Korean schools.  Since it was their first time eating those kind of food, I find their reactions quite normal.  For any kind of food I suppose that’s “exotic” to your palette it’s either you completely like it or you don’t.  What caught my attention though is the dessert.  It’s an ice ream sandwich shaped like a fish.  Yeah!  I’d like to catch some of those!

THE KOREAN WAVE.

The Korean Wave is real.  From TV dramas, movies, music, fashion to food, the Korean wave has swept the world over.  I know this is hardly news.  But more noticeable nowadays are the Korean marts springing up like wild mushrooms in different parts of the country.  Heck, even in the condominium complex in Pasig City where I live isn’t spared.

Late last year, a Korean convenience store opened in our club house despite the presence of a Korean store a few hundred meters away from our location.  I won’t complain though as I am into some Korean food stuff myself.  I like their rice tea, and the orange peel juice concentrate.  The nearer, the better.  And now, I want the fish!

ICE CREAM SANDWICH.

Who would not enjoy an ice cream sandwich shaped into a cool looking fish? Fortunately, that Korean convenient store I am talking about has this ice cream sandwich.  So, I bought one.  It’s affordable for 60 Pesos.  What makes the one I bought so special is that the ice cream is “matcha”.  Green tea.  My favorite!  And of course you have that red bean paste inside.  All of these wrapped in a good tasting waffle and molded into the shale of a fish.  I am telling you.  It’s delicious!

We all deserve a bit of indulgence, don’t you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment