Saturday, March 21, 2020

Earth Finally Had a Break! How about Giving This FujiFilm Camera a Break?

I don't know about you, but here in the Philippines it's already the dry season and strangely enough the air is cooler and much fresher at nights and actually even in the afternoon sun.  I suppose Mother Earth has had a break from all the pollution that we humans have been causing her all throughout the ages.  This COVID-19 pandemic is truly scary and potentially devastating to a lot of businesses and livelihood of so many.  The flip side of it however, amidst the lockdown imposed by countries, our one and only Earth has been given a chance to breathe.  To heal.  To renew itself in ways we may not comprehend.  But we feel it.  I feel it!

Before this 2019-nCoV became an epidemic, I was excitedly waiting for the "summer season".  I have had weekend escapades planned out, bought plane tickets and booked AirBnB accommodations. I wanted to visit this time some really beautiful places in the country that I have never been to.   One of the things I have been preparing for is the underwater camera that I would be using to capture underwater sea footages.  The Go Pro Hero 8 is already out.  I am completely not sold with its tag price however.  So, I kept on looking for an alternative that's mainly affordable but at least with useful features and perhaps some that would be similar to the Go Pro's.  It does not have to be an action camera but something that's waterproof would be ideal.



And what do you know?  I found the FujiFilm FinePix XP140.  It is a compact point and shoot camera that's shockproof to a drop of 1.8 meters, waterproof up to about 25 meters, has bluetooth and WIFI, and surprisingly records videos with a 4K resolution.  What's more is that its price is half of that of the Hero 8's.  Amazing isn't it?  Truly a great find!  I know that I may not be able to use it any time soon, but I know for sure that this will be very useful to me.  I will just have to patiently wait for this lockdown and pandemic to be over.

FOR NOW, PLEASE STAY AT HOME!  KEEP SAFE, EVERYONE!

Oh, here's a VLOG that I recorded for the unboxing of the FujiFilm FinePix XP140.  Please note that this is not a paid advertisement nor a sponsored VLOG episode.  I hope you enjoy it.  I threw it in the swimming pool.  xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment