Monday, June 18, 2012

Lot's Wife


Improvements in the quality of life…  it's a lifelong objective and one of my goals.   I have allergic rhinitis and let me tell you that it's no walk in the park.  Mine's actually weird.  When I feel a sudden change in temperature, my rhinitis kicks in.  But the worst allergen is dust.  That is why it's important that I dwell in a clean environment.

I bought air purifiers and ionizers.  I learned that these gadgets eliminate unwanted particles, odor, and bacteria in the air.  More importantly is its function that generates negative ions which are beneficial to the human body.  None of these gadgets however, seem to be effective with my grave aversion to dust particles.  So, I just try my best to always keep my surroundings clean despite my lazy bones.

Two of the best natural sources of negative ions are waterfalls and the ocean.  It's apparently hard to go to these sources with all the traveling required.  So, I settled for a SALT CRYSTAL LAMP.  About 8 years ago, one store opened in a posh mall in Ortigas (one of the business districts in Metro Manila).  The store sells lamps that are carved from salt crystals.  At first I didn't want to believe that there are large chunks of salts crystals like those.  I am familiar with salt that are harvested from sea water.  The long ride to our province in the south from Manila especially in the summer, provides a scenic view of places where salt is harvested from sea water.  But salt mined underground and in the mountains is new to me.  So, I made some research before buying a salt crystal lamp that is mined in Poland.

I am happy with the salt crystal lamp I bought 8 years ago.  It has served me well all through these years.  Hence, I'd like to share it with you.  I call it Lot's Wife.  Am I that weird in naming my favorite objects in the house?  It's like a pillar of salt so I named it after that Biblical character who while fleeing turned into a pillar of salt after looking back at the destroyed City of  Sodom.  The salt crystal rock is mounted on a marble base.  A light socket is coursed through the salt crystal that holds a 10-watt incandescent refrigerator bulb.  It is relatively easy to replace the bulb.

Anyway, as I said, I am totally happy and satisfied with Lot's Wife (no pun intended) especially with what I learned from the literature of the product.  It says that the salt crystal lamp emits negative ions that significantly reduces indoor pollutants.  A microbiologist and experimental pathologist at the University of California, Dr. Albert P. Krueger, as explained in the literature, has found out that an astonishing small quantity of negative ions could kill bacteria and quickly take them out of the air so they would less likely infect people.  The salt crystal lamp promises among others are relief from allergies, a boost in the immune system, and reduction in the susceptibility to colds and flu.  Did the salt crystal lamp delivered?  Well, that would require a thorough analysis, but one thing is for sure.  Lot's Wife (again, pun not intended) is a great mood maker.  As such, I always feel good and soothed, especially in times of allergy attacks, inside my bedroom.  For me that's a far better deal.

Oh, by the way, a movie of Jennifer Ansiton, Along Came Polly,  has these gorgeous lamps in the lead character's bedroom.  Nice!




No comments:

Post a Comment