Saturday, March 6, 2021

Rest If You Must, So Quit!

It was odd. I was odd. While most people lost their job in this pandemic, I chose to quit my job.

Know your worth. With this, you will always make the right and best decision.

I was a consultant for a software development house and headed the entire technical department. I chose not to renew my contract that ended December 31, 2020. I paused my career because I decided to take care of my health.

Being the perfectionist that I am (probably bordering on obsessive compulsive) even though I was working from home, the pressure and time spent to getting things done are never less compared to when I was reporting to the office. Work is actually more daunting.

Even before the pandemic hit, I was suffering from a bit of a health condition that needed medical attention.  Work was my excuse for not undergoing the procedure I needed.  This excuse however, could no longer be used.  It turned out as a catalyst in worsening my health condition.  Unhelpful subordinates and difficult bosses didn't help.  Quitting therefore, became a need rather than a choice.  Thus, the decision was easy.

2 moths later, I find myself enjoying my time.  Sure, I miss paydays!  But I am more excited in the prospect of doing things I really like while biding my time before making another important life decision.   I could go back to school, start my own business, travel the whole wide world, start my vlogging channel, or learn Qui Men Dun Jia.  The possibilities are truly endless.

It was odd.  I was odd.  While others have been putting off deciding on something, I firmly made the decision of what could be considered as an outrageous absurdity given this COVID-19 times.

It was my decision.  I made that decision.  Have you made yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment