Friday, May 1, 2020

The Pinoy Shutterbug: Moon Edition 2

Last April 8, 2020, Wednesday, a day before Holy Thursday, the moon is at a short distance from the Earth which would make its appearance bigger and brighter.  This is known in astronomical terms as Supermoon.  However, the time that this phenomenon happened is around 2 AM, early in the morning of April 8.  By mistake, like me most people thought that we would be able to take a glimpse of this Supermoon evening of April 8.  Well, what can I do?  I shot anyway.

Thankfully, the moon did not disappoint.  It may not be as bright or as big on the exact time it was near Earth but it was awesome nonetheless.  It appeared pinkish.  I thought of capturing this dramatic effect so to speak.  And here is what I captured.

From the camera settings of the above picture, I reduced the aperture but increased the time for a longer amount of exposure.  I thought that this would make a more focussed photo.  True enough the dramatic pink tinge did not appear, and the black and white picture below is what I had.


I hope you liked my pics.  xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment